Star Mandala Symbol
Stars symbolize independence due to their self-sustaining nature. They are literally balls of gasses and dust that hold themselves together. Stars also symbolize solitude, as they lead a solitary existence. Stars in a mandala can signify an independent nature, confidence and the strength to stand alone. We are, in fact, more like the stars than you may think. Our bodies are actually made of the same minerals and gasses that stars are made of.
Mankind has always looked to the stars for guidance. Due to this, stars symbolize navigation, intuition, radiance and light. We look to the stars to literally light the way at night and to light the way, or give us guidance, in our life path. Energy, dreams and gravity are a part of star symbolism. They give us guidance in our dreams, energy to follow our dreams and gravity to keep us firmly grounded.
A star can also be a good luck symbol or “lucky star.” It represents luck because long ago people believed that the stars determined whether or not a person would be blessed with good fortune.
Stars made from two triangles, one upright and the other inverted, has a few different meanings:
- It represents the union of fire (the upright triangle) and water (the inverted triangle).
- It can be used to symbolize gold. Alchemists once believed the mixture of these two elements, fire and water, could turn any metal into gold.
- It represents the union of spirit and matter or body and soul.
- It is a symbol of the feminine and masculine co-existing harmoniously
- This type of star is also known as the Star of David which, of course, has deeper religious symbolism.
- This six-pointed star is the symbol for the Heart Chakra.
Star Mandala Art and Jewelry
Star mandala patterns make lovely jewelry. The star mandala design is especially well-suited to pendants, necklaces and dangly earrings but they can be found in other types of jewelry like rings and brooches. They are made from a variety of materials and in many different colors. The colors can bring additional meaning to the jewelry, too. A green or pink six-pointed star pendant would be an excellent symbol for the Heart Chakra. This type of jewelry made with green or pink natural gemstones will activate your Heart Chakra, helping you out in the area of love. Etsy has a nice selection of star mandala jewelry.